Here are the top 5 stats:
1. Apple received 92% of the global smartphone profits, out of the world’s eight biggest mobile phone makers, during the first quarter. Apple’s share of profits is remarkable given that it sells less than 20% of smartphones.
2. Serena Williams led female and male tennis players from July 2 through July 8 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. with 20,473 mentions. If winning Wimbledon wasn’t enough, she won social media too!
3. 67% of people said that digital media and social sharing influenced where they travel. RadiumOne collected this data in a survey of 1,300 people-with a median age of 26.
4. HBO’s Game of Thrones grabbed 13% of all the digital media consumption at this year’s Comic-Con. This took place between July 8 and July 12 at the San Diego Festival.
5. IgnitionOne’s Q2 research shows that smartphones accounted for 59% of mobile search spending in 2015’s second quarter. Mobile continues to assert its dominance on search over tablets.